What an awesome character model, first off. I think she looks so awesome.
All of that aside, let’s talk about her, and what she can do.
Phase 1 – Ground
- Shroud of Sorrow – An aura of sorrow and despair emanates from the caster, inflicting 4500 Shadow damage every 2 sec. to nearby enemies.
- Presence of the Darkfallen – The presence of vampyr kin infuses Queen Lana’thel, increasing the power of her Shroud of Sorrow by 5%.
- Delirious Slash – Inflicts 50% of weapon damage to an enemy and causes it to bleed for 4500 to 5500 damage per application every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
- Blood Mirror & Blood Mirror – Causes the player closest to the tank to take 100% of the damage done to tank as Shadow damage.
- Vampiric Bite – Inflicts 12,025 to 13,975 physical damage to a target, granting them Essence of the Blood Queen
- Frenzied Bloodthirst – Causes Uncontrollable Frenzy after 10 (15?) seconds, giving Lana’thel control over the target, unless the player bites a friendly target. Biting another player refreshes the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen to 60 seconds, and also grants the debuff to the bitten player.
- Pact of the Darkfallen – Links a number of players together, causing them to inflict 3,500 Shadow damage every 1 second to non-linked players within 10 yards. This effect expires when all linked targets are within 5 yards of each other.
- Swarming Shadows – The affected player spawns a mass of shadows every 1 second for 6 seconds. Each mass inflicts 2,313 to 2,687 shadow damage every 1 second to all targets within it.
- Twilight Bloodbolt – Inflicts 9,250 to 10,750 shadow damage to a target and other players within 6 yards.
Phase 2 – Air
- Bloodbolt Whirl – Summons a Bloodbolt Whirl every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Each Whirl can cast Twilight Bloodbolt identical to the spell in Phase 1.
So this sounds easy, right? The mechanic is simple — as a DPS, you pew pew your little heart out. If you see red beams coming out of your body (Pact of the Darkfallen), move closer to the people where the lines are drawn to — it’s really easiest if everyone just runs to the middle of the room.
Someone in your raid will get bitten shortly into the fight. Their damage will be increased by 100% for 50 seconds. At the end of those 50 seconds, that person needs to bite someone else in the raid (preferably not a tank or a healer). This fight gets really hectic when you have 5 people trying to bite others, especially when you start to run out of people to bite.
The mechanic itself is very easy, but your raid members are your own worst enemy in this fight. If they’re not coordinated, you’re surely going to wipe the raid. If the initial bit person dies prior to biting someone else, you might as well call a wipe because BQL will not bite another person.
Oh, and run when you get hit with purple fire. This is WoW people. Fire is bad.
About 2 minutes into the fight, she’ll go into her air phase and throw Bloodbolts at people, as a ranged DPS, you can keep shooting at her, so take advantage of it. This really is a DPS race with a lot of coordination. When she lifts off, make sure your raid is spread out about 6-8 yards apart or you’ll see a lot of splash damage that can’t be healed through.
So in short, this fight for a hunter is super easy:
- Run when legion flame Swarming Shadows hits you. (It’s purple fire, you really can’t miss it)
- Run together when you see a red beam coming out of you. It’s best to run to the middle of the room.
- Stay spread out during air phase
- For god’s sake, don’t let yourself get MC’d. Watch your timers, bite someone so your buff refreshes itself — even if it’s a healer or a tank. (these should be last ditch effort)
- DPS your little heart out. Even before I was bitten, I was pulling top of the meters behind the buffed people. You can easily pull close to 10k on this fight without the bite.
Hunter Loot of Note