No, I haven’t downed him yet. Real life has been getting in the way of 10-man, and 25 people is much more difficult to coordinate.
How far have I gotten? Well last night we made some really big progress on 25-man.
Here are my tips so far:
- Tranq Shot the Shambling horrors every time they enrage. Seriously. If even one gets through, your tank will take 45k damage to the face. They usually don’t like that.
- DPS on Arthas while you’re not doing the Tranq Shotting.
Phase 1 Transition:
- Run to the edge.
- Kill Ice Spheres.
- MD the raging spirits to a tank.
- When transition is over, run in to the middle, avoid any Ice Spheres still up.
- Stack up for the Valks! Your individual DPS doesn’t matter that much here. Coordination matters a lot more.
- If you have more than 1 hunter, drop 1 frost trap in the group where the Valks pick up their victims, and have the other hunter drop a trap in their flight path.
- As soon as Valks pick their target, spread out. Defile sucks.
- Defile spreads faster than you would believe. Stay away from the guy who it gets cast on. Don’t even say “oh, I’ll wait until the puddle forms.” You’re wrong. Get away. This will wipe your raid.
- When you have a choice between stacking up again for valks or spreading out for Defile, stack up, but as soon as someone gets picked for Defile, they better run.
That’s as far as I’ve gotten folks! We’re doing more work on LK tonight, so hopefully I’ll be able to call myself “Kingslayer Morynne” soon.