If you’ve been dwelling beneath dolomite (read: living under a rock), here’s what 3.3.5 comes with:
World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.3.5
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
- The Ruby Sanctum, an all-new 10- and 25-player raid featuring normal and Heroic difficulties, is now available for testing! Players will find the dungeon entrance below Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.
- Copied Test Realm characters are not copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade, General, Party, Raid, etc.) and choose the Pop Out Chat option. This will move that chat type to a separate tab in the Chat frame which can be undocked and moved anywhere on the screen.
- Using the Pop Out Chat option on a Whisper will place the conversation with that player in a separate tab.
- Any time a conversation with another player is put into its own tab, the tab will glow when a new message is received.
- Hovering over the Chat Frame and using the mouse wheel will allow players to scroll through chat text.
- Players can select Classic Mode under Interface Options to keep the Chat Frame functionality closer to what it was prior to patch 3.3.5.
- The Simple Chat User Interface option has been removed.
- A new icon has been added to the top left of the Chat Frame which will open up the Friends list.
- In addition to its current functionality, the Friends List will now allow players to add Battle.net accounts (Real ID). Players will have to confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added. Once Real ID friends, players can communicate cross-game, cross-faction and cross-realm.
- A new Pending tab has been added where players can accept or decline a Real ID friend request, or select the Report Spam or Block Communications buttons.
- Players can now select from three statuses which will be visible to their friends: Available, Away and Busy.
- A Broadcast window has been added to the top of the frame. Players can use this to broadcast a message to all of their Real ID friends online. This message will also be displayed under the broadcaster’s Real ID information in each friend’s list.
Now it’s never been said if The Ruby Sanctum is going to open the same time 3.3.5 comes available, but I sincerely hope it does. I’m not sure about you all, but I’m worn out on ICC. Between attempting to do 10-man raids and 25-man raids in a week, and only having one real active raid dungeon available, I’m sick of listening to Marrowgar and Sindragosa.
Now in thinking about Cataclysm’s raid lock out changes, I like the utility of being able to only kill the same boss once every week on each character — hopefully it’ll cut down on this level of burn out.
Beta is on the horizon — Blizzard has opened up Beta contests both stateside as well as in Europe, so it’s only a matter of time. I sincerely hope this is going to be a short Beta cycle. I’m not sure that a 1-boss encounter is going to satiate the progression guild burn-out for months before Cataclysm launches.
I guess we’ll see tomorrow.
(And for those iPhone people out there, don’t forget to use your server down time productively — preorder your iPhone 4!)