- Name: Halfus Wyrmbreaker
- Raid: Bastion of Twilight
- Phases: 2
- Catch: You have to deal with all the drakes at the same time.
- Tanks needed: 2ish
- This guide is for the heroic encounter. Normal guide found here.
In order to properly handle the Malevolent Strikes debuff, we had 2.5 tanks. Prot Warrior, Feral Druid, and a Feral Druid in DPS gear, but tank spec.
Here’s what we did:
- Warrior tank pulls boss. Bear tank pulls the Storm Rider, Time Warden at the same time. Bear/Kitty tank pulls the Nether Scion. Leave the Slate dragon alone. If you try to have every single one down, you’ll lose to the enrage timer.
- Heroism is blown at the beginning of the fight once threat is solid on the Nether Scion, DPS burns that down first.
- Second target is the Storm Rider, burn that down, then the Time Warden. When the time warden is at about half, release the Whelps, and focus DPS on Halfus. If you have any range that can do “splash damage” to whelps, even better.
- Burn Halfus.
The Furious Roars in the heroic encounter is brutal. Not one can be missed.
Just like in the regular encounter, at 50%, Halfus enters phase 2 with the same abilities. Once you’ve dealt with the drakes, you’ve hit the easiest part of this encounter.
What does a Hunter need to know?
Once the Nether Scion is down, and you’re moving to DPS the other drakes, it’s worth throwing out a Multi-Shot to do a little damage to everything that’s up. When you switch targets, you’ll already be a little ahead. When the whelps are released, main target Halfus, and add a Multi-Shot into your rotation, the drakes will die over time. After that, it’s cake. Just make sure you stay out of fire balls.
Hunter Loot from Heroic Halfus Wyrmbreaker
- Chest of the Forlorn Protector – Heroic Tier 11 Chest token
- Essence of the Cyclone
- Proto-Handler’s Gauntlets
Having trouble? Ask questions in the comments, or check out Tankspot’s Video.