We blew through all the bosses in about an hour and a half — spending the last hour or so working on Ragnaros.
This felt like Naxx (v2.0) all over again. It really felt like you can easily rush in with a PUG, go pew pew for a few hours and collect some purples.
Here’s what I found to be the biggest changes:
- Riplimb and Rageface drop like rocks, so does Shannox. You’ll have to watch your timing on how fast your DPS is going. We had to move DPS off of Shannox when we were burning the other dog just to prevent the enrage from happening early.
- If the little adds were easy before, they’re stupid easy now. These are easily done with one person hanging out at each spawn point to AOE. The drones also drop extremely fast. We ended up sending extra people up to the web to do additional damage on Beth’tilac.
- This is the one encounter I found relatively unchanged. The damage output is decreased, but the “stay out of crazy amounts of fire” part of the fight is still there.
- We started this fight doing the same things we’d been doing since the onset of 4.2, and boy were we surprised. The casters cast less frequently, the hatchlings can almost be solo’d by the tanks — and they nearly have to spam eat the worms to prevent them from being up during the tornado phase. We had about 30 seconds before the tornados started after the hatchlings died.
- The tornados are slow, almost to the point of being bad. If you’re used to running behind a tornado and keeping up with it, well — get ready to change your strategy. You’ll be running too fast, and have the chance of running into the back end of the tornado.
- For the second air phase, we sent up additional DPS to stay on Alysrazor. By the time she burnt out for the second ground phase, she was dead.
- The damage output by tanking the crystals was significantly less, and much more survivable. There was never the panic moment of “oh man, too many stacks.”
- Majordomo Staghelm
- He was dead by the third scorpion phase, nearly negating the need to even strategize for the orbs. If you’ve done this fight on 10-man, 25 felt very much the same way.
The way things are going, I think it’s reasonably safe to say I’ll have a Ragnaros strategy to write by next week.
How was your first night in the Nerf-tastic Firelands?