- Name: Shannox, Rageface, and Riplimb
- Raid: Firelands
- Tanks Needed: 2
- Phases: Technically 2, really 1
- Catch: Trap ALL THE DOGS!
- This guide is for the heroic encounter. Normal strategy can be found here.
What I’m going to cover in this strategy are the specific differences between the normal and the heroic versions of the fight.
Heroic notes for the fight:
- In Heroic Difficulty Riplimb cannot be permanently slain while his master lives. When his health reaches zero, he will collapse for 30 seconds, and then reanimate at full health to resume fighting.
- Feeding Frenzy – Riplimb’s successful melee attacks increase his physical damage dealt by 5% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
- Rageface – Rageface cannot be controlled, and darts about from enemy to enemy, changing targets periodically.
- Feeding Frenzy – Rageface’s successful melee attacks increase his physical damage dealt by 5% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
So what does this mean?
Ultimately you’ll just DPS Shannox, and deal with the dogs as you’re able. Crystal traps should be used to trap both dogs periodically through the fight. So if you’re getting Face Raged, step near a Crystal prison trap, and trap the dog.
Now, knowing that this is a longer fight just from health on the boss, it’s worth talking about the ground being littered with Immolation traps. There are many different ways a raid can get rid of them, mostly by using mitigation abilities and stepping on the traps.
What does a Hunter need to know?
Ultimately your job will be to burn the boss. The dogs only matter so far as to need to get them trapped to drop the stacks of Feeding Frenzy off. In order to help break Immolation Traps, pop deterrence and step into the trap — you wont’ be able to DPS for a few seconds, but you will help clean up the kiting zone a bit and make it less like a war zone.
Hunter Loot from Heroic Shannox
Still having trouble? Check out Learn to Raid’s video.