With the onset of 4.3, I felt it was appropriate to talk about an add-on that isn’t complicated, but gives a lot of functionality to making sure that your group or raid has the best spread of buffs possible. The configuration is simple, and really just depends how you want it to integrate with your UI. There are hooks for DataBroker, so it’ll work with your FuBar or other bar handler, and there’s a button, and a mini map icon if you like to roll that way.
Here’s what the developer has to say about Raid Checklist
RaidChecklist provides an at-a-glance overview of which core Cataclysm buffs, debuffs, dispels and crowd control abilities are available in the raid at the moment, and what class/spec/pet could bring each.
It doesn’t try to be a full-featured raid planner, but is instead targeted at those who want a more casual add-on which can assist them in putting together a balanced raid on the fly. It is also very useful for hunters wanting to pick a pet to fill a void in the abilities otherwise brought by the group.
Raid Checklist Features
- Compact display in color-coded list format.
- Shows a count for each ability where it’s provided by more than one player, giving even better overview with even a quick glance.
- Mouse-over an entry brings up tooltip with information on what classes/specs/pets can bring the (de)buff.
- Clicking an entry opens a detailed information panel on the abilities for that entry.
- Ability to specify which groups to include in the check, while still seeing what the excluded groups could bring.
- Hides behind a freely movable button when not wanted.
- DataBroker integration, and an option to hide the normal button.
- Keybinding and chat commands (/rcl or /raidchecklist) to toggle the checklist.
- Updates automatically as pets are summoned or dismissed.
- Inspects group members “in the background” to obtain their talent information without needing any player interaction (other than being in inspect range).
- Uses the LibGroupTalents library, enabling faster sharing of talent information with other players who also run addons with said library.
- Option to specify in which direction the list appears relative to the button. E.g. “Up, Left” or “Down, Right”.
Class Specific Buff Lists
- Per-class check-lists are available, showing only the abilities of that class. Use either for personal improvement, or as the raid leader to remind yourself of what abilities a particular class would bring.
- Hunter & Warlock Pet Mode. For the hunters and warlocks who don’t have to worry about full raid composition and only want to make a smart pet choice. Only shows the abilities which can be provided by a pet.
- Also aware of a hunter’s callable pets, not just the summoned one. Abilities available only from a callable pet are marked in blue. This is only applicable to the hunter himself/herself – this information is not shared to other users of RaidChecklist. To activate this feature you need to visit a stable master once.
I absolutely adore raid checklist. I’m not a raid leader, but I do like to know if I need to change pets to fill in a critical buff for the group. I have not used the hunter-only mode, but the standard list gives all the same information — just in a raid-comprehensive list.
If you’re interested in making sure you’re doing everything you can to provide to your group or raid, I recommend picking up this add-on. Normally this would be where I cover the pros and cons to the add on, but I can’t think of anything bad to say. Download it!