- Name: Warlord Zon’ozz
- Raid: Dragon Soul
- Tanks Needed: 2 (but can be done with 1)
- Catch: Need to practice your serve.
- This guide is for the normal encounter.
This is a 2 phase encounter, but they cycle back and forth until the boss is dead.
Phase 1: Ping Pong
- Focused Anger – Warlord Zon’ozz increasingly focuses his anger and rage, increasing his Physical damage done by 10% and his attack speed by 10% . This effect stacks.
- Psychic Drain – Warlord Zon’ozz channels a wave of psychic force in a 30 degree cone in front of himself, inflicting $%104322s1 Shadow damage and leeching life for ten times the amount of damage dealt.
- Disrupting Shadows – Warlord Zon’ozz covers random players with Disrupting Shadows. The effect inflicts $%103434s1 Shadow damage every 2 seconds. The shadows also deal 55592 to 64608 Shadow damage and knockback the targeted player if the effect is dispelled.
- Disrupting Shadows – Warlord Zon’ozz covers random players with Disrupting Shadows. The effect inflicts $%103434s1 Shadow damage every 2 seconds.
- Void Diffusion – When the Void collides with a player it diffuses, inflicting $%103527s1 Shadow damage split evenly between nearby players. The force of this diffusion causes the void to richocet in the opposite direction, and the absorbed souls increase the damage the Void inflicts by 20% per diffusion.
- Void Diffusion – When the Void collides with a player it diffuses, inflicting 67000 Shadow damage. The force of this diffusion causes the void to richocet in the opposite direction, and the absorbed souls increase the damage the Void inflicts by 5% per diffusion.
- Black Blood Eruption – If the Void of Unmaking reaches the outer edges of the Maw of Go’rath, it will spark a violent reaction. This eruption deals $%108794s2 Shadow damage to all targets within the maw, knocking them into the air.
So how do you handle this? Well, your ranged and melee are in 2 groups, and you’ll bounce the void ball between the two groups until there’s a 5 count of the Void Diffusion. Then the melee get out of the way of the void and have the ball hit Zon’ozz, resetting his stacks of Focused Anger. That will throw him into phase 2. If you’re having difficulty imagining how this works, icy-veins has some excellent diagrams.
Phase 2: The Blackness
When the Void collides with Warlord Zon’ozz, it inflicts a distracting shock to him. The Void Diffusion increases the damage Zon’ozz takes by 5% for every time the Void of the Unmaking bounces between players. This collision enrages Warlord Zon’ozz, causing him to awaken the Maw of Go’rath and lose his Focused Anger.
- Black Blood of Go’rath – Warlord Zon’ozz inflicts Shadow damage every 1 sec. to all players for 30 sec.
You’ll want to have your raid stack up on melee in order to heal through this damage. He also summons a whole bunch of tentacles around the room. The focus during this phase is to stay alive, and put as much damage on the boss as possible. When the phase is over, you’ll start phase 1 again.
What does a Hunter need to know?
As a ranged class, Hunters on this fight need to stick with the ranged group. They are responsible for bouncing the void ball back to the Melee, and working with the group to prevent casualties. When the ball hits Zon’ozz and phase 2 begins, make sure that you’re grouping up with melee. You will be the furthest person out, so make sure you’re still in the AOE healing. Phase 2 is a good time to blow your DPS cooldowns as it is a limited movement phase, and you’ll get the most out of it. I haven’t tested Deterrence with avoiding some of the damage, but I’m reasonably certain it will not work.
Hunter Loot from Warlord Zon’ozz
- Gauntlets of the Corrupted Protector (Tier 13)
- Horrifying Horn Arbalest
- Seal of Primordial Shadow
- Vial of Shadows
Still having trouble? Check out Learn to Raid’s video.