This is a multi-phase encounter, and it’s got definite triggers that show the changes.
- Name: Feng the Accursed
- Raid: Mogu’shan Vaults
- Phases: 3
- Catch: Each phase is vastly different than the last.
- Tanks needed: 2
- This guide is for the normal encounter.
Continue reading to learn how to beast down this Mogu.
- Spirit Bolt – Feng the Accursed unleashes a volley of Spirit Bolts, inflicting 112320 to 118080 Shadow damage to 3 (8 on 25-man) random players.
- Nullification Barrier – Players with this Stolen Essence of Stone may channel a Nullification Barrier around themselves for 6 sec. The Barrier negates any harmful magical effects cast on players standing inside the Barrier.The barrier will also nullify harmful effects in the world such as Wildfire and Lightning Charge.
- Nullification Barrier – Players with this Stolen Essence of Stone may channel a Nullification Barrier around themselves for 6 sec. The Barrier negates any harmful magical effects cast on players standing inside the Barrier.The barrier will also nullify harmful effects in the world such as Wildfire, Shadow Shields or Images, and Lightning Charge.
- Shroud of Reversal – A player with this Stolen Essence of Stone may extend a Shroud of Reversal around an ally, allowing the player to mimic the effects of the next harmful ability that strikes the ally.
Phase 1: Spirit of the Fist
- Lightning Lash – Feng’s lightning charged fists zap his current target, inflicting 29250 to 30750 Nature damage every 2 sec for 20 sec.
- Lightning Fists – Feng slams a lightning-charged fist into the ground, causing a shockwave to pulse in front of him. The shockwave inflicts 117000 Nature damage and stuns those caught in its path.
- Epicenter – Feng channels a violent earthquake that inflicts Nature damage. The quake inflicts more damage towards its epicenter, and reduces players’ chance to hit by 75%.
Phase 2: Spirit of the Spear
- Flaming Spear – Feng’s fiery spear sears the flesh of his current target, inflicting 25% of his normal melee attack as Fire damage. The fire then inflicts an additional 19500 to 20500 Fire damage every 2 sec. for 20 sec.
- Wildfire Spark – Feng the Accursed targets a random player then engulfs them with a Wildfire Spark. The Spark explodes after 5 seconds, igniting a Wildfire at their location. The Wildfire then spreads out and inflicts 116975 Fire damage every 1 sec. to any player standing within the fire.
- Draw Flame – Feng attempts to absorb the Wildfire and cause his melee swings to inflict 60125 to 69875 additional Fire damage to all enemies.
Phase 3: Spirit of the Staff
- Arcane Shock – Feng’s arcane-infused staff shocks his current target, inflicting 29250 to 30750 Arcane damage every 2 sec for 20 sec.
- Arcane Velocity – Feng channels an Arcane storm, inflicting 16770 to 17630 Arcane damage every 1 sec. to all enemies. The bolts from the storm inflict increasing damage to targets as they stand further away from Feng.
- Arcane Resonance – Feng charges random players with Arcane Resonance, inflicting 1000 Arcane damage to the target and all other nearby players within 6 yards. Each additional affected player amplifies the damage done to them all by 1000.
What Does a Hunter Need to Know
From a hunter’s perspective, this fight, like most, is all about knowing the mechanics. Without minimum range being an issue anymore, stack when you need to, spread when you need to. The toughest part here is making sure you’re keeping your DPS rolling while staying within the mechanics. This will be infinitely easier in 5.1 when we can cast our Steady and Cobra shots while moving. For Beastmasters out there, roll all your cooldowns throughout the fight. There’s no real reason to wait for Bestial Wrath or Rapid Fire, with the exception of the transition between Phases 2 and 3 because of the additional fire damage being dealt. Pay attention to your tanks on this.
Hunter Loot from Feng the Accursed
- Wildfire Worldwalkers
- Arrow Breaking Windcloak
- Feng’s Seal of Binding
- Sigil of Power (Legendary Quest)