This fight is not especially different in heroic for a DPS. The kill priority is the same.
- Healers going into the portals will take some minor damage.
- AOE damage from mobs will reduce the health of Dreamwalker.
- Archmages frostbolt ability will drain mana, so interrupts are now more important than ever.
How does this change the hunter role?
- Hunters are likely given a different task than most other DPS because we’re good at kiting. (or should be!)
- Hunter priority will change to Kite Zombies -> Blazing Skeletons -> Supressers -> Mages -> Abominations
Besides kiting the zombies, DPS your heart out on the mobs and pray your healers can get it done.
Upgraded Hunter Loot:
- Legguards of the Twisted Dream – 10m – These are a great pair of legs if you are desperate for hit rating, but I’d opt for the 3/3 in Focused Aim instead.
- Frostbrood Sapphire Ring – 25m – Easily best in slot ring for ArP MM hunters.
- Anub’ar Stalker’s Gloves – 25m – If you’re to the point where you have access to ilvl 277 gear, I’d skip these. Haste is wasted for the most part on hunters, and this would be better suited for an Enhancement Shaman’s off-set piece.
Good luck! (Man it feels good to get through some progression again.)