Image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment
Nope. Still haven’t killed him.
Our best attempt is 16% so far, and considering we get to that point pretty regularly, I’m confident in saying I can write up a few more notes on how to beat down Arthas.
My first set of tips for Lich King are here, so if you’re a new reader, it will catch you up.
We’ve made some really solid progress with Phase 2. The Valks/Defiles are not easy to manage, but with practice your raid will get it, I swear. Phase 2 lasts until Arthas gets to 40%, then back into another transition phase.
Transition Phase (from 2-3):
- Same as the first.
- Raging spirits need to be beasted down quickly. Heroism is most appropriately used for this phase.
- Misdirect as much as possible for the Raging Spirits. Your tanks will thank you.
- LOTS more Ice Spheres. If your range weren’t helping you before, they must help you now. There are far too many for just 1 or 2 hunters to get through.
- If you happen to be the lucky SOB who gets a raging spirit, feign death. It will save you. They tend to want to stomp their clone’s face as soon as they’re up.
- Range’s responsibility is to kill Vile Spirits. Do yourself the favor, make a macro.
- /tar Vile Spirit
- /cast Steady Shot
- Do not stand in the middle of the circle. If you happen to get defile, you’re dropping it in the middle of your tank’s path. Stick to the outside ring of the circle, placement of defile will be much better.
- Run from Vile Spirits if they start coming after you. You should have an off-tank or a “soaker” who can take the explosions from the Vile Spirits, but if one gets to you, be prepared.
Here’s hoping the next time I talk about Lich King, I have a Kinglsayer title and a screenshot to share with you.